Adventure Seeker, Travel Blogger, Photographer
From: Denver, Colorado, USA
Favorite Country: Guatemala
My Favorite Food: Bun Cha
Best Adventure: Acatenango Volcano Hike
At a very young age, I knew I wanted to see the world. Growing up many of my friends were musicians. I remember thinking how cool it’d be to travel the world and play music for a living. The problem was, I wasn’t much of a musician.
After taking a photography class in high school and working at a camera store, I decided to continue learning photography.
Fast forward years later and I’ve been fortunate to have my work published in numerous magazines and online publications. Including 5280, Lucy’s, and Photo Vogue. Some of my travel photography was recently featured in the Dame Traveler: Live the Spirit of Adventure book. A celebration of Instagram’s premier solo female travel community.
To see more of my work check out my personal site: mattforma.com
How I Became Passionate About Traveling
Growing up I used to travel to different states with my father as a vendor at various fairs and festivals. I took my first big trip abroad to South America in 2009. I went back again in 2011. In 2015, I sold most of my possessions and set off to live in Southeast Asia.
I planned on going for six months and ended up staying for two and a half years. Since then my interest in travel has only continued to grow.
After visiting twenty countries and living in Vietnam, Thailand, and Mexico, I returned to Denver, Colorado. Combining my passions for travel, adventure, and photography is what I love. So I plan to continue doing it!
What is Why We Seek?
Why We Seek is a travel and photography blog. If travel and adventure are what you’re after you’ve come to the right place! The blog is here to help you travel independently, get better at photography, get more out of your trips, and eat well while you do it.
I seek to…
- Live life with fewer possessions and more experiences.
- Show that the world isn’t as scary as we’re led to believe.
- Debunk cultural stereotypes and fight hate.
- Capture beautiful images.
- Travel consciously and be aware of my impact.
- Be active and inspire others to explore this amazing planet!
- Promote local independent businesses in the places I visit.
- Make friends and connections with people around the world.
- Be adventurous and have more fun!
- Love what I do and do what I love.